Saturday, April 27, 2013

34-35 weeks

 

L&Tshower_2.21.13_23

34 weeks at her baby shower

I’ve again been slacking over the past month but we are growing GROWING! I’ll include two weeks in this update since I was able to go to the doctor this week as well.

Babycenter says at 35 weeks, Lexi Grace doesn't have much room to maneuver now that she's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon). Because it's so snug in your womb, she isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times she kicks should remain about the same. Her kidneys are fully developed now, and her liver can process some waste products. Most of her basic physical development is now complete — she'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Total Weight Gain: 18 lbs… seeing numbers on the scale that arent fun but hopeful I’ll lose it all just like with the boys!

Gender: IT’S A GIRL!!!!!

Movement: When Dr Myers was checking her heartbeat she kicked him, twice. He laughed and said, “Well she’s active!” I laughed and said, “Um yes VERY!”

What I miss: Not having a bruised ribcage. She is sitting up so high on my right side that I constantly have to push her down. I have a short torso so I feel bad that she doesn’t have room but it definitely is uncomfortable!

Sleep: Very hard to get comfortable but sleeping fairly well.

Symptoms: This past month has brought on the braxton hicks, more stomach ligament stretching that’s painful, acid reflux and just simply uncomfortable. My body often tells me to STOP and rest, although its hard to do. These past 2 weeks I’ve had contractions daily but of course they arent anything worth calling the doctor over, just annoying. I really wish there was a button to tell my body there was no need to prepare itself, we are going to cut her out Smile

Cravings: ice ice baby

What we are looking forward to: We will now start weekly doctor’s visits. I’m looking forward to seeing what the doctor says when he checks me this next week. Who knows.. she may decide to come early?!?

Notes: This is my last week of work and then we will spend the following 3 weeks to do last minute prep and enjoy our time as a family of 4 before ALL of our worlds’ change. For the better of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment