Friday, December 14, 2012

16 weeks

2012-12-14 11.25.13

At 16 weeks, our baby is about to hit a growth spurt and will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocado: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop.

Total Weight Gain: 5 lbs

Gender: We will find out in January. Have to wait until 20 weeks this time.

Movement: Oh yes! While the kicks aren't powerful right now, I do feel the baby moving often! Any time I sit still I can usually put my hand on my belly and feeling it moving.

What I miss: I’ve been having sciatic nerve pain already and so anytime I sit in a position for awhile it hurts all down my right side. I miss not walking with a limp sometimes ha!

Sleep: Sleeping good but cant seem to catch up. In 2nd trimester and still feeling very tired!

Symptoms: Nausea is continuing to hold on even though it’s the 2nd trimester.

Notes: We are eager for our gender ultrasound!

Cravings: Back to pickles and sour things, although its not as intense as the past yet.

What we are looking forward to: Seeing the boys with their new baby! This week they got to meet my friends’ baby, Anna Ruth, and needless to say it will be a rude awakening for them to have a baby enter our home. However I’m ready to see them all together!

No comments:

Post a Comment